The members of the Lab are involved in a variety of research activities of both theoretical and practical interest. The following are indicative areas of current activity.
- Use of Game Theoretic Models (based on Adaptive Stochastic Schemes) in order to model and study Energy Markets with a variety of energy producers and regulating authority.
- Spectrum Allocation by a Satellite Operator as to satisfy demands and maximize profits. Risk Assessments are provided for several scenarios.
- Modelling and Automatic Regulation of Insulin for Diabetes patients (Collaboration with the ICU of a major Hospital. Use of real data for modelling and creating on-line control algorithms for insulin regulation).
- Policies for Internet pricing by using Game Theoretic Methods.
- Collective Behavior of a very large number of Automata studied using ideas of Statistical Physics, Game Theory, Biology and Simulations. Motivation is to study Large Computer/Communication networks, the graph structure dynamics and behavior of local agents.
- Optimal Regulation of a Water Pub system in order to meet both the diverse water demands as well as to minimize the energy demand/cost.
- Algorithms for Optimal Routing Problems (traffic management). Dynamic Routing of a diverse fleet in a stochastic environment.
- Detection of irregular behavior and anomalies in ship traffic.
- Estimation and Prediction Techniques in Cancer Growth Models.
- Integer Programming methods in Energy management, Graph Link Selection/Dynamics, Jamming.
- Optimization Theory and Algorithms.
- Theoretical Studies in Control Theory, Filtering, Game Theory, Optimization Theory and Algorithms, Chaotic Dynamics.
- Θεωρία Παιγνίων και Δυναμικοί Μηχανισμοί σε Γράφους.
- Θεωρία Παιγνίων με Εφαρμογές σε Ασφάλεια Δικτύων.
- Δυναμικοί Μηχανισμοί Ομαδοποίησης (Dynamic Coalition Formation) σε Κοινωνικά Δίκτυα και Ενέργεια.